The easy to install WS series speakers are a full range In-Wall loudspeaker that incorporates high tech woofer materials with a butyl rubber surround and a state-of the-art pivoting dome Ferrofluid cooled tweeter. The pivoting tweeter allows for deeper penetration into the room and concentrated sound to the sweet spot.
The FastLoc™ grill patent no. 8,422,722, is a feature found only at Current Audio. Our design has allowed for the smallest exposed plastic bezel in the industry, truly making it disappear into the mounting surface. The FastLoc™ grille's unique patent pending mechanism allows for a quick installation and removal of the grill while securely fastening it in place to all types of mounting surfaces. Due to the unique design the grill will conform to uneven surfaces including popcorn, heavy textured and uneven ceilings. While our competitors have chosen to utilize magnets in their
designs thus requiring the use of a steel grill that will rust our design allows us to use corrosion and rust resistant aluminum.
This revolutionary combination provides superior and more natural sound for both foreground and background applications. In addition the WS651FL incorporates a 3 position equalization switch, one each for bass and treble to fine tune the acoustics and allow for various room surfaces.
Driver Material: Injection Molded Carbon Fiber
• This material is injection molded in a plastic injection molding machining. The material itself contains cross-linked fibers of carbon fiber.
• This material is very stiff with low mass. It is a neutral sounding material that has great midrange response and bass response.
• This is a difficult material to work with. The cross-linked carbon fiber if not processed correctly can produce a driver cone that is not of even density. This results in distorted midrange. Very few manufacturers use this material because of the processing challenges during the molding process. We have several years experience in perfecting the processing and it results in a superior cone material at a cost just above an entry level product with enhanced performance.
Tweeter Material: Ceramic Coated Aluminum Dome Tweeter
• We take our 2 series aluminum dome tweeter material and add a sputtered ceramic coating to the dome. The sputtering process is a coating of ceramic at a molecular level. It is not "painted on" or dipped in ceramic. If it were, the coating would be too thick, too heavy and inconsistent.
• Our ceramic coating imparts a stiffness on the center of the dome to prevent high frequency distortion caused by dome deformation at high power levels in high frequencies.
• We make adjustments in the voice coil materials to offset the small additional mass that the ceramic coating adds. This allows for the efficiency of the tweeter to be maintained and the high frequencies to be extended.